Anonymous asked: You don't need the bible to confirm that abortion is the killing of a human being. Science has already confirmed it. Life begins at the moment of conception. That's not an opinion, that is scientific fact. And we are supposed to be endowed with the unalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Abortion violates the very first unalienable right of all human beings. Without the right to life, all other rights are meaningless...
Well said, Anon. :)
imhorribleatnamingthings asked: Also, none of the verses you mentioned explicitly say that abortion is wrong, even though women did abort their pregnancies in Biblical times (they used to use primitive methods to do so, but ending a pregnancy was still a common thing to do back then). So all you're doing is putting words in God's mouth. And even if you're not a Christian, I'm sure you can agree that it's wrong to make assumptions about God.
Nearly nothing in the bible explicitly says anything is wrong or right (with a few exceptions). It’s really written rather vaguely, that’s why people have been able to cite it as basis for their beliefs… even when their beliefs are directly contradictory to each other. Saints and heretics alike have used the bible to persuade people to follow them. The book is not flawed, the interpretation of it’s message is.
The passages I posted do not explicitly say abortion is wrong because, well, it was written thousands of years ago and I’m sure they never imagined a time when people kill babies by the thousands on a regular basis (we outpace any abortions they carried out back then several times over). The passages do, however, show the value of life and humanity. They show the importance of protecting life and preserving human life.
I’ve never presumed to put words in God’s mouth, only the interpretation of his teachings and his prophet’s teachings. You can read the bible, or torah, or koran, or any religious text and you’ll see an underlying message of morality. Most religions agree that you shouldn’t kill, especially the most innocent among us. You really don’t need a deity or book to tell you these things though. These should be self-evident and obvious.
I make no assumptions about God. This blog actually does not condone or push any religion, just ideals. I’ve always tried to steer clear of religious theology as it usually only leads to arguments fueled by anger and resentment rather than fact and logical reasoning.
imhorribleatnamingthings asked: Just FYI, the Bible wasn't even thought of as being pro-life until the 1970s. So why pretend that it definitely is pro-life, then, especially when all you have as "proof" of that claim is a bunch of vague verses that you've taken completely out of context? You do realize that God himself condones infanticide and abortion many times throughout the Bible, don't you? Try reading Hosea 9:11-16, Hosea 13:16, Isaiah 13:15-18, Ezekiel 9:5-7, Numbers 31:17, and Psalm 137:9.
First off, when did I say the bible was anything? What post did I ever bring up the bible? Don’t put words in my mouth.
Secondly, do you really need a book to tell you what is wrong and what is right? Do you really need something outside of yourself to tell you some things are moral and some are not? Are you really that weak that you need an outside entity to tell you what to think, to do, to say, how to act? Are you that unrestrained?
That aside, who cares when the bible was used to point out bad behavior? And, to be frank, of course the bible (or anything else) was probably only brought up in the seventies as a case against abortion, because abortion wasn’t a national issue until Roe v. Wade in 1973. Your argument is definitely flawed there.
On top of that, you’re citing old testament to prove your point in a Christian book. Christians do not follow the laws of the old testament… wait for it… they follow the teachings and laws of Jesus Christ. He washed away humanities sins and freed them from the old ways. Again, your argument is very flawed.
Finally, if you insist on posting scripture to prove your point:
- Proverbs 24:11-12 Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?
- Jeremiah 1:4-5 Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
- Isaiah 49:1,5 Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name… And now the LORD says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him—for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength.
- Psalms 22:9-10 Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother’s breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
- Judges 13:2-5 There was a certain man of Zorah, of the tribe of the Danites, whose name was Manoah. And his wife was barren and had no children. And the angel of the LORD appeared to the woman and said to her, “Behold, you are barren and have not borne children, but you shall conceive and bear a son. Therefore be careful and drink no wine or strong drink, and eat nothing unclean, for behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. No razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb, and he shall begin to save Israel from the hand of the Philistines.”
- Genesis 9:5-6 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.”
- Deuteronomy 27:25 ‘Cursed be anyone who takes a bribe to shed innocent blood.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’
- Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
- Matthew 18:1-2, 10 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them…See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.
A more in-depth breakdown can be found here.
Also, when you think of the conception of Christ, would that not have been the perfect scenario for a Jewish man to carry out an abortion in antiquity? His to-be wife comes up pregnant and he’s sure it isn’t his child… instead, God sends an angel to tell Joseph to not fear because the child is from him. That’s pretty clear to me.
So, while I’m not a devout follower of any particular theology, even I can see the flaws in your argument. Trying to justify the wholesale slaughter of perfectly innocent life through religion, or any other means, is immoral and downright sadistic. You don’t need a god or book to tell you that ending the life of a human being that has done absolutely nothing wrong is wrong.
Have a great day and may your deities have mercy on you.
Huckabee Is Wrong; Liberal Women Can’t Control Their Libidos
According to Democratic philosophy, liberal women just want sex sex sex, and the only way to ensure their happiness is to ensure they have the means to have sex sex sex at any cost and without consequence. Hence taxpayer-funded birth control and on-demand abortion.
Feminists can whine about this estimation all they want, but their unwavering allegiance to the Democratic Party proves the estimation a correct one: liberal women are obsessed with sex.
Don’t get me wrong—men are obsessed with sex too. Humans are sexual. But men don’t vote with their penises the way feminists vote with their vaginas. I mean, for goodness’ sake, there are things more important in a political candidate than whether or not he’ll keep money flowing to Planned Parenthood so women can have their cheap, loveless thrills in the sack.
But not to a liberal woman. To them, sex is the meaning of life. Controversial words, but true.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was either too afraid to say as much or he doesn’t agree with me (probably the latter, since he naively respects people too much). But what he did say still got him plunked into a pot of boiling water.
In a speech to the Republican National Committee, Huckabee, who is considering a second run for president after his failed attempt to win the 2008 Republican nomination, said, “Women I know are outraged that the Democrats think that women are nothing more than helpless and hopeless creatures whose only goal in life is to have the government provide for them birth control medication. If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them prescriptions each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it.”
Huckabee did not say that women can’t control their libidos, as his critics are alleging; he said that that’s what Democrats believe. He did not say the Democrats are right about this (I say that); in fact, he even said he does not agree with Democrats that women are nymphomaniacs.
"Women I know are smart, educated, intelligent, capable of doing anything that anybody else can do," he said. "Our party stands for the recognition of the equality of women and the capacity of women. That’s not a war on them, that’s a war for them.”
So even when Republicans pander to women the way Democrats do, they still get accused of being sexists. Huckabee even trotted out the idiotic liberal claim that women are “capable of doing anything that anybody else can do.” Shouldn’t such a patronizing statement as that make liberal women swoon?
No, of course not, because liberal women don’t want to be able to do anything that anybody else can do; they want it to be done for them. They want “Uncle Sugar,” as the Huckster dubbed the government, to stream the money their way, the sex accessories their way, the abortion doctors their way. They can’t live without their dependence on the men who run the government, nor, despite their claims, do they want to live independent from those men.
Huckabee accuses Democrats of believing this. Huckabee is right—Democrats do believe that; Huckabee is wrong—the Democrats are right to believe it. Liberal women are controlled by their libidos, and Democrats know it and exploit it. Democrats who are acting outraged are just showboating, whoring themselves out for the female voters, who, when they see a Democratic politician, whore themselves out in return, saying, “Ah, now there’s someone I can depend on to make my sex life easier. He’ll always have my loyalty. Republicans, on the other hand, they can go to hell; they see me as something other than a sex fiend. Well, they’re wrong.”
Indeed they are wrong. Republicans, don’t try to win the feminist vote. It will never happen, for yours is not the party of licentiousness; leave that title to the ones who clamor for it so enthusiastically: the Democratic Party.
Oh gosh. This is a REALLY GOOD POST.
Anonymous asked: But what's the lasting legacy of eugenicists in America? That's right! Planned Parenthood! And the person who started it who believed that being anything other than white and wealthy were signs of having inferior genetics.
That would be Margaret Sanger and her legacy, ironically, is continued abortion of black babies. Also the support Democrats have for it.
I wonder what prolifers think of the situation in Texas?
Where the woman is being kept on life support so her body can be used as an incubator for her fetus.
In the Do Not Resuscitate papers, she agreed that in the case of pregnancy, she could not be taken off.
She planned ahead for all contingencies… something Liberals never think of, thus needing abortions.