this 2nd grader wrote this to the president, vice president, and a congressman. biden was the only one to respond
Ok props to Biden for at least responding to the kid…
Actually, I’ve seen some dude make home made slugs out of all sorts of material and the chocolate ones went right through a pork roast soooo…. yea. (BTW, I make wax slugs that are AWESOME!) lol
But at least Biden took the time out of his busy schedule of herpin and derpin to respond to the kid.
Me when I read some of the crap liberals post
Sarah Hall Ingram, the IRS executive in charge of the tax exempt division in 2010 when it began targeting conservative Tea Party, evangelical and pro-Israel groups for harassment, got more than $100,000 in bonuses between 2009 and 2012.
More recently, Ingram was promoted to serve as director of the tax agency’s Obamacare program office, a position that put her in charge of the vast expansion of the IRS’ regulatory power and staffing in connection with federal health care, ABC reported earlier today.
Ingram received a $7,000 bonus in 2009, according to data obtained by The Washington Examiner from the IRS, then a $34,440 bonus in 2010, $35,400 in 2011 and $26,550 last year, for a total of $103,390. Her annual salary went from $172,500 to $177,000 during the same period.
The 2010, 2011 and 2012 bonuses were awarded during the period when IRS harassment of the conservative groups was most intense. The newspaper obtained the data via a Freedom of Information Act request.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., described the Ingram awards as “stunning, just stunning.”
Bonuses as large as those awarded to Ingram typically require presidential approval, according to federal personnel regulations.
High-ranking career federal civil servants like Ingram are eligible for recognition through citations known as Distinguished and Merit Service awards that can carry with them cash bonuses of anywhere from five to 35 percent of their base salary.
The largest of such awards, however, require presidential approval, according to the Office of Personnel Management, which oversees the federal civil service workforce.
“If the recommended award is over $25,000, the Director of OPM reviews the nomination and forwards his/her recommendation to the President for approval,” according to the OPM guidance.
A key point on OPM’s “checklist” for federal bosses considering an employee for such a bonus is making sure that “the proposed award recipient has not been involved in any action or activity that could cause the President embarrassment …”
Ingram has some history as a government lawyer receiving controversial bonuses. According to The Washington Post, she received a $47,900 bonus for distinguished service in 2004 from President George W. Bush.
Earlier Thursday, The Washington Examiner reported that the IRS paid out more than $92 million in bonuses during the four-year period of Ingram’s awards to her and nearly 17,000 other agency employees. Those bonuses averaged more than $5,500 per employee.
Go here for a spreadsheet of the salary and bonus data for IRS employees getting bonuses between 2009 and 2012.
Marine: I’m sorry sir, I can’t shield you from all these scandals.
FLASHBACK: Hillary Clinton Fired From Watergate Investigation For ‘Lying, Unethical Behavior’ « Pat Dollard
…Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.
“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”
- Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
- Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
- Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
- There is no link between women’s physical strength and political views
In line with their hypotheses, the data revealed that wealthy men with high upper-body strength were less likely to support redistribution, while less wealthy men of the same strength were more likely to support it.Getting more conservative in the gym.
Ladies, I’m a Conservative. ;)
The latest Republican Obama scandal is starting to fall apart too. The IRS didn’t just target conservative groups. They also questioned the tax exempt status of liberal groups too.
In 2012, The Chicago Tribune reported on the IRS denying tax exempt status to a liberal political group,
The IRS announced in May and June that it took the actions against two groups defined as tax-exempt under the 501(c)(4) section of the tax code. The IRS on Thursday declined comment on its tax-exempt final rulings. Tax-exempt groups raising money for both major political parties ahead of the Nov. 6 election walk a fine line between promoting “social welfare” for tax-exempt purposes and purely political interests.
Look at these liberals, even after the IRS admits to wrong doing they still defend them.
And those other cases, were they not legitimate cases. Please say no.
ONE liberal group to 300 conservative groups targeted. Sound “Fair”?
They questioned the status of a liberal group in the past few years too?!?!?! That makes it all better and equal!
Liberals are truly unbelievable. Do you all just live in a dreamland full of rainbows and unicorns? Are you so in love with Obama that you think it’s more important to discredit the hundreds of conservatives targeted rather than acknowledge and condemn what the IRS did? That’s some strong Kool-Aid. Don’t do drugs, kids — it kills brain cells.
Liberal or conservative… WHO CARES? They violated people’s rights. That is definitely something we can both be outraged over. I would be just as outraged if liberals were targeted.
“Oh well the civil rights of both parties were violated, so it’s ok!”
I have never liked any eagles player but this is awesome!!
Hahaha omg I love Even Mathis now. lol
The new name for Obama’s numerous scandals.
circuitfry asked: Forgive me. 2006 was a time when I was too young to understand what new bills were coming out and affecting what. I guess I'm admitting that I don't know anything at all about the bills that were passed before my generation matured enough to comprehend what was happening. Those three bills, what were they meant to do and what do they really do?
No problem. I’m not here to belittle or talk down to anyone. I’m 29 and didn’t really get into politics until I was 24, so I understand. Nothing wrong with that. :P
1. The stimulus bill. This bill was created with creating jobs in mind. The administration (Obama) and Congress said it was full of “shovel-ready” jobs and would put America back to work. They wrote it up, took it to committee and voted on it in such little time that most admit they never even read it. In reality, this bill created very few jobs and the ones that it did create cost nearly $2 million each to the taxpayers. It also funded “junk” programs such as studies into how long a shrimp could run, the mating habits of mice and even sent million overseas to non-American companies. Many who voted for it now admit it did little to nothing to help the economy and create jobs, but we are still paying for it. (fyi, it cost a total of about $1.4 trillion)
2. The omnibus. It was another bill that spent about $400 billion all around the country in hopes of, again, creating jobs. It too was filled with pork spending and junk programs. It was passed with very little debate and many who voted for it didn’t even read it (again).
3. Obamacare. This, as you probably know, is President Obama’s signature legislation. It is supposed to provide healthcare and insurance to those who normally could not afford it. Sounds great. In reality it enacts numerous new taxes on the medical industry, fines you if you decide to not buy insurance and is projected to cause healthcare premiums to go up 100 - 400%. On top of all that it is not even going to provide everyone with healthcare or insurance. It too was never debated or read before it was passed.
Together, those 3 bills (among MANY others) are costing the American public billions and that number continues to grow. Most of the regulations needed to implement Obamacare aren’t even written yet and many experts say the only way for it to work is to raise taxes on everyone.
Of all the problems with Obama (and America in general), the debt is our biggest and could even compromise our national security.
Anyways, hope this helps. :)
The House of Cards is falling.
Is it cold in here or did hell just freeze over?
Now that you mention it, it has been colder than average all over the country…
circuitfry asked: I can already tell you that #7 isn't his fault, it's Congress that approves/rejects and overwrites his plans. How are the other 6 his fault?
Seriously? The $17 trillion debt has nothing to do with him? REALLY? You also forget that the Democrats controlled congress from 2006-2010. In that time they passed the stimulus bill, the omnibus, Obamacare and a jobs bill. All together that added trillions to our debt and is still growing.
As for the rest of them… come on? REALLY?
1. All time high gas prices. No, he doesn’t directly set gas prices but his policies do impact the speculation on oil. Example: Pres. Bush announced he lifted the presidential ban on offshore drilling (even though the Congressional ban was still in place) and the price of gas dropped .25¢ overnight.
2. Record all time food stamp participation. He, and his political appointees, are actively recruiting people to go on food stamps. They say “it’s your patriotic duty” and “it creates jobs when people are on food stamps.” *facepalm*
3. All time high youth unemployment. Again, his policies stifle small business growth which directly impacts whether a company hires an unskilled young person, or a more skilled older worker. Simple economics.
4. All time high number of Americans no longer in the work force. Again, his policies directly impact whether businesses decide to hire new people or not. Some people get so discouraged that they stop looking for a job and either live with a family member or draw unemployment and welfare.
5. All time record high number of people on disability. Again, his policies are what help bump this number up. In order to keep people from being counted as unemployed, some in his administration find any way they can to label a person as “disabled.”
6. All time high number of people living in poverty. If you’ve read this far and haven’t notices a theme, then you are dense. High unemployment + record jobs lost = more people living below the poverty line.
7. All time record US debt. I answered this before. And, to be honest, it isn’t ALL his fault. The debt was $10 trillion when he took office, but his $7 trillion in 4 years is not helping anything.
8. Record number of simultaneous scandals. Self explanatory.
Stop trying to blindly protect a man who is so clearly failing on so many levels. There comes a time when you just have to cut your losses and admit that what you are doing isn’t working. To hold a person in such high regard that they can do no wrong in your eyes borders insanity and parallels WW2 Germany.
Good luck and God bless. :)
WH Press Secretary Jay Carney in 2006. For once, I agree Jay.
EPA Accused of Playing Favorites with Green, Conservative Groups: Another Scandal for the White House?
Before we get into the meat of this story, let’s do a quick recap of the Obama administration’s most recent scandals: Testimony provided last week by the Benghazi whistleblowers has raised serious questions about the Obama administration’s actions before, during, and after the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack…
Here we go guys Scandal #5!
So let’s run through the list…
- Fast & Furious gun running to the Drug Cartels killing several border patrol agents with those weapons and hundreds in Mexico CHECK
- Benghazi coverup CHECK!
- IRS targeting pro-Israel, constitution, tea party, conservative, and more groups of that nature CHECK!
- Getting the phone records of the Associated Press CHECK!
- The EPA playing favorites with certain political groups CHECK AND CHECK!
At least Nixon had the Diginity to resign…
"In Defense of Liberty"