My favorite pastime.
I wanna go shooting :(
Time off + boredom = color filling cheap shotguns. lol
If this was one of my officers, he would be on meter duty for a year… after I kicked his ass for a few hours.
A mother in Mandeville, La. woke up in the middle of the night to find an armed home intruder standing in her bedroom doorway. The intruder pointed the gun at the woman, likely expecting her to cower in fear and obey his every command.
That didn’t happen.
The fearless mother instead screamed at the armed criminal, seemingly startling the man and sending him retreating from the bedroom, The Times-Picayune reports. The woman then retrieved her shotgun from her closet.
Shotgun in hand, the mom first went to check on her children to make sure they were safe. Then she went after the man who broke into her home, who has been identified as Joseph Hall Rogers.
When she got to the doorway, the woman fired three rounds at Rogers as he scrambled to escape with his life. Luckily for the home intruder, all three rounds missed their target.
Police and a K-9 unit later searched the neighborhood and eventually located the drunk man. Rogers reportedly resisted arrest and was tased prior to being taken into police custody.
Rogers has been charged with home invasion and resisting an officer. His bond had not been set as of Tuesday afternoon, according to police.
Oh yea… that can’t end badly. Good grief this guy is an idiot.
TEXAS GUN SHOP OWNER EASILY REFUTES BIDEN’S CLAIM THAT AN AR-15 IS HARDER TO AIM, USE THAN A ’12-GAUGE SHOTGUN’
Anybody who has shot both knows that the AR is designed to be shot by people who have little or no experience with firearms… AKA mind numbingly simple.
What’s in the Obama gun control executive orders? (that he did NOT sign today)
Much of it is relatively mild and some uncontroversial. But here are my comments:
- “Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.” Does this mean that we can just get the check without the 4473?
- “Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.” Hey, you know who already has one of those going? The NRA.
- “Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).” This was one of Bloomberg’s recommendations. The potential issue here is that they mandate expensive locks that provide little additional safety benefit over existing locks with the sole purpose to drive up costs.
- “Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.” They did this in the 90s, and it was pure political hackery designed to promote more gun control.
- “Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies” Smart gun nonsense. I want a phaser too.
I hate to say it folks, but this is not nearly as bad as I was expecting, unless there’s more gems hidden in this.
UPDATE: I should note here that I think Obama’s strategy is to lay responsibility for action at the feet of Congress. How much weight does the White House intend to put behind these efforts? We know Obama’s machine has a great deal of energy and organization. We must match that. Hell, we must overwhelm it in the years ahead.
UPDATE: I’d also note we’re not really out of the woods on the executive order issue. One, there could be more. Two, we still don’t really know what’s in this order yet, other than what they’ve released to the media.
"In Defense of Liberty"