LOCAL VA COUNCILWOMAN INTERRUPTS CLASS PRESENTATION OF COMMUNITY QUILT TO LECTURE STUDENTS ON USING…BLACK STICK FIGURE
The PC thought police strike again.
Sam Grant finds himself facing two felony charges for accidentally hitting passing vehicles while shooting his BB gun outdoors.
Here’s the kicker: He’s just 7-years-old.
Grant, who turns 8 on Thursday, will appear in a Catawba County courtroom this week for the incident that reportedly occurred in Catawba, N.C. sometime in February.
Police say Grant was outside shooting his BB gun. His parentstold WGHP-TVthat their son was aiming at an abandoned home down the street. Regardless, some of the BBs ended up striking two motor vehicles. No one in either vehicles were injured, according to police.
The 7-year-old reportedly has been charged with two felony counts of discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle.
Police officers in Manassas, Virginia, captured some media attention over the past few days after reportedly being refused restaurant service — because they were armed. The eight cops were on-duty, but were said to be in plain clothes.
According to media reports, when they were approached by a server at Buffalo Wild Wings who saw their guns on display, the worker purportedly told the officers that the establishment was a gun-free zone.
Despite having their badges out, WWBT-TV reports that the server still would not take their orders.
The young man in the photo is the 11-yr-old son of Shawn Moore. The gun is a .22 rifle, a copy of the AR-15, but a 22 caliber. The photo was posted on Facebook by a proud father. That Facebook posting apparently triggered an anonymous call to New Jersey’s Department of Youth and Family Services (DYFS). On Friday night, March 15th, two representatives from the state’s social services office (along with four local police officers) came to the Moore home and demanded to see the family’s firearms.
According to Moore’s lawyer, Evan Nappen (an attorney with considerable expertise in NJ’s very strict gun laws), the situation was “outrageous.”
Here’s what Moore alleges on the Delaware open carry forum:
- NJ’s Department of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) came to his home, accompanied by police officers. They claimed to be responding to a call about a photo of a young boy holding a firearm. (photo above)
- Without a search warrant, DYFS demanded entry into Moore’s home and access to all of his firearms. Moore was not initially there, but his wife called him.
- With his lawyer listening to the exchange on the phone with police and DFYS, Moore denied entry to his home and access to his safe where he stores his guns.
- When Moore requested the name of the DFYS representative, she refused to give it to him.
- After threatening to “take my kids,” the police and Family Services worker left — “empty handed and seeing nothing.”
In an exclusive interview with TheBlaze, Mr. Nappen — the attorney who was listening to the entire incident via Moore’s speaker phone — added more details:
- The DYFS worker repeatedly demanded access to the house and for Moore to open his safe where the firearms were stored. She said that the guns should be catalogued and checked to make certain they were “properly registered.” (NJ does not require registration, it is voluntary.)
- The four police officers acted professionally, they were there at the request of DYFS.
- The worker refused to identify herself. Mr. Moore demanded that she giver her name. She refused and ran away.
- As of Tuesday morning, Mr. Nappen believes that DYFS is still pushing for an inspection, “which is not happening.”
Mr. Nappen also shared few very important facts about this case. For instance, Shawn Moore holds three very significant firearms designations:
- NRA Certified Firearms Instructor – One of the toughest certifications to attain, requiring skills with the weapons as well as teaching.
- NRA Certified Range Safety Instructor
- NJ State Certified Firearms Hunting Instructor
Shawn’s son is also someone who has been certified by the state of New Jersey. In order for a person under the age of 18 to go hunting in New Jersey, they must be accompanied by a parent or adult supervisor, and they must also pass a state firearms hunter safety test. The young Mr. Moore passed the test and his father was NOT his instructor.
NYC Mayor Bloomberg wants to ban sugary drinks and is now proposing hiding all tobacco products in stores…
How much you wanna bet the next thing will be to hide all the candy?
Cuz, you know kids are powerless when candy is present.
Democrat Senator Elizabeth Warren during a hearing of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions last week asked why the current federal minimum wage rate is only $7.25 and not $22 an hour.
“If we started in 1960, and we said that, as productivity goes up — that is, as workers are producing more — then the minimum wage is going to go up the same,” the Massachusetts senator said during the hearing.
“And, if that were the case, the minimum wage today would be about $22 an hour. So, my question … is what happened to the other $14.75?” she asked University of Massachusetts professor of economics Arindrajit Dube
First she fakes being Native American and now she’s faking being an economist? She fails on both fronts.
Massachusetts, you elected a moron.
Al Gore is an idiot.
Brianna Priddy, a waitress at an Applebee’s restaurant in Lakewood, Colo., was an unfortunate victim of identity theft. She was out on the town with her friends on one of her nights off when she realized she had lost her wallet, including all her cash, credit cards and driver’s license.
Her bank later told her that checks were being issued in her name, thus beginning a long and painful process of reversing the harmful effects of identity theft.
However, two weeks later she was reunited with her driver’s license in a stunning way.
Priddy was waitressing at Applebees when four people entered the restaurant and started ordering drinks. Following the law, she asked the group to see their IDs. One of the women in the group handed her a driver’s license — and it was hers.
She then called the police and attempted to stay calm and act normal until they arrived.
“I put on my server smile and tried to take care of them, but I was shaking like crazy,” she said.
When the cops arrived, they arrested the unidentified woman on suspicion of theft, identity theft and criminal impersonation. She was also found to be in possession of narcotics.
“Dumb criminal,” Lakewood police spokesman Steve Davis told KUSA-TV. “That’s the first thing that comes to mind.”
Ironically, the suspect is 26-years-old. In other words, she could’ve used her own ID and avoided jail.
NO, PLEASE STOP WITH GOVERNMENT JOBS. WE WANT THEM GONE.
Only in Washington can a rollback in spending to a previous level and hiring of additional personnel be called a “cut.”
ROBBER ATTEMPTS TO HOLD UP BANK WITH FAKE PLASTIC GUN, GETS SHOT IN THE FACE WITH VERY REAL .357 MAGNUM
Oh yea… that can’t end badly. Good grief this guy is an idiot.
Workers at a rescue mission in Louisiana were forced by state health officials to destroy roughly $8,000 worth of deer meat because state law prevents the serving of venison in homeless shelters, according Fox News.
“The Dept. of Health and Hospitals ordered the staff at the Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission to throw 1,600 pounds of donated venison in garbage bins — and then ordered then to douse the meat with Clorox — so other animals would not eat the meat,” the Fox report notes.
"In Defense of Liberty"