‘IN THE END, EVERYTHING WILL BE CLAIMED’: CREATOR OF FIRST 3D-PRINTED GUN HIGHLIGHTS CREEPING GOV’T CONTROL OF TECHNOLOGY
“It’s a demonstration of claiming everything in the national security interest,” he said. “They say, ‘well, your useless plastic gun can’t be shared with other people. It’s important to national security.’ In the end, everything will be claimed…”
It seems to be “consistent [with] the total bureaucratization of social space itself,” Wilson continued.
how it should be
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Paine (via whatiscapitalism)
You should [not] reject these voices.
You should listen to these voices with renewed intensity.
Anonymous asked: Democrats aren't trying to ban guns, they're just trying to impose backround checks. Which would not keep law abiding citizens from obtaining firearms, because if you fail a backround check, chances are you're either mentally unstable or not a law abiding citizen. All of our closest friends and allies have gun control laws and they're doing just fine. (Sorry if I come off as rude, I don't mean to be)
We already have background checks. Look up the NICS check. It already keeps felons from legally buying guns (yet they still get them). As for mental illness, it rarely keeps a person from getting a gun. That is one area where liberals and conservatives could actually get together on. Better identification and treatment methods for various mental illnesses would be a great step forward.
All of our closest friends and allies have gun control laws and they’re doing just fine.
They also have heavy restrictions on speech, personal liberties and freedoms… what’s your point?
Thanks for the comment ans have a great night. :)
How about no more loans to General Electric.
THE DETAILED SURVEY SHOWING LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL OVERWHELMINGLY OPPOSE OBAMA’S GUN CONTROL PROPOSALS
- Nearly 96 percent said that a ban on standard capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds would not reduce violent crime.
- More than 81 percent said that “gun buy-backs” do not reduce gun violence.
- Nearly 80 percent said that a ban on private transfers of firearms between law-abiding citizens would not reduce violent crime.
- 71 percent said that a ban on “assault weapons” would have no impact on reducing violent crime. 20.5 percent said it would actually have a negative impact.
- More than 70 percent opposed the idea of a national database of legal gun sales.
- Nearly 68 percent said magazine capacity restrictions would negatively affect them personally.
- More than 60 percent said that the passage of Obama’s gun control legislation would do nothing to improve officer safety. Nearly 25 percent said it would actually have a negative impact.
- More than 76 percent responded with either a 4 or 5 when asked on a scale of 1-5 how important legally armed citizens are to reducing overall crime.
- 80 percent believe legally armed citizens can reduce casualties in incidents of mass violence.
- More than 91 percent stated they supported the Right-to-Carry by law abiding Americans.
- More than 76 percent support the arming of trained and qualified teachers or administrators who volunteer to carry a firearm.
- Nearly 45 percent said that if they were Sheriff or Chief, they would not enforce more restrictive gun laws, and would vocally join the opposition effort. Another 17.2 percent said they would not enforce the laws, and “quietly lead the agency in the opposite direction.” 20 percent were unsure of how they would respond.
Anti-gun Politician:We need a national firearms registry! It's common sense to know who has guns and where they are!
Me:Look at history, the nations that instituted firearms registries inevitably led to confiscation. Who's doors do you think they knocked on first to take away people's guns?
Anti-gun Politician:So you're afraid the U.S. will confiscate your guns? How ridiculous!
Me:Nope. We have the second amendment to keep it in check.
An armed grandmother proved too much to handle for one home intruder in Spokane, Wash. Police say the gun-toting granny held the suspected burglar at gunpoint until officers arrived.
Sandy Mize, a grandmother of 10, first fired a warning shot and then held 35-year-old Sean Denny at gunpoint in her living room,KXLY-TV reports. The suspect did attempt to flee at one point but officers quickly apprehended him in her backyard early Wednesday morning.
“I told him I was armed… He kept coming, so I started backing up,” she toldKREM-TV.
That’s when she fired a warning shot at the burglary suspect, not hitting him but sending a clear message. The suspect laid on the couch unresponsive for a short period of time, the grandmother explained.
“I asked him, ‘Did I hit you?’ There was no response, no movement,” she said. Mize then called 911.
Way to go grandma! :)
Another in the “I was bored” series:
Inspired by the “Thin Blue Line” emblem, the white in the center represents the innocent and the good in this country.
The black represents tyranny and bad (foreign and domestic) that look to do harm to the good.
The two red bars represent the blood spilled by those that stand between the good and the bad.
The bold number two represents the second amendment that makes defending yourself from bad/tyranny possible.
After writing all that out I can see I put too much thought into this. lol
"In Defense of Liberty"