The vicious cycle of revolution:
- Financial breakdown. The system basically runs out of money and can no longer sustain itself.
- Demands. The public demand solutions and, in many cases, a change in leadership.
- Force. Protesters show up en masse and the government tries to force them out.
- Seizing power. The protesters gain power from the government either by peaceful means or by armed rebellion.
- Honeymoon. A new government is set up. New rules and laws are enacted to appease those that fought to overthrow old government.
- Reign of Terror. New government clashes with supporters of the old government and violence follows. Protests and violence once again break out.
- Autocracy. The new government gains power and things calm down. Those that have been put in power get used to being in power and will do anything to retain that power.
Revolution isn’t the hard part. Breaking the cycle is.